LISC Rural Relief Small Business Grants
Who is Eligible
- Only small businesses located in rural communities (Population of 50,000 or less) are eligible at this time.
Next Application Round
- As of now, the final round of applications will open January 26 and will run through February
Applications will be reviewed based on criteria designed to prioritize particularly challenged businesses, and the final grantees will be randomly selected from the top scoring applications.
CA Relief Grant:http://www.careliefgrant.com
- The first round of this grant closed January 13, and has successfully received more than 300,000 applications.
- Approval notifications will be sent out Friday January 15 through Friday, January 22 and funds will be disbursed over a 45-day verification period beginning Friday, January 22.
Next Application Round
- A second round of applications will open at 8:00 a.m. February 2 and will run through 6:00 p.m. February 8.
- Eligible applications who submitted completed applications in the first round, but did not received a grant do not need to reapply.
Future of the program
- Part of Governor Newsom’s proposed 2021-22 state budget, previewed on January 5, calls for immediate legislative action to add $575 million in additional grants for the California Relief Grant Program. My hope is there will be additional rounds to following round 2.
Shuttered Venue Operators Grant:https://www.sba.gov/funding-programs/loans/coronavirus-relief-options/shuttered-venue-operators-grant#section-header-0
The Shuttered Venue Operators (SVO) Grant program was established by The Economic Aid to Hard-Hit Small Businesses, Non-Profits, and Venues Act, signed into law on December 27, 2020. The program includes $15 billion in grants to shuttered venues, to be administered by the Small Business Administration’s Office of Disaster Assistance. Eligible applicants may qualify for SVO Grants equal to 45% of their gross earned revenue, with the maximum amount available for a single grant award of $10 million. $2 billion is reserved for eligible applications with up to 50 full-time employees.
Eligible entities include:
- Live venue operators or promoters
- Theatrical producers
- Live performing arts organization operators
- Relevant museum operators, zoos and aquariums who meet specific criteria
- Motion picture theater operators
- Talent representatives, and
- Each business entity owned by an eligible entity that also meets the eligibility requirements
Amount of SVO Grant:
- An eligible entity that was in operation on 1/1/19, the lesser of an amount equal to 45% of their 2019 gross earned revenue OR $10 Million.
- An eligible entity who began operation after 1/1/19, the lesser of the average monthly gross revenue for each full month you were in operation during 2019 multiplied by 6 OR $10 Million.
Small businesses (up to 50 employees) who have suffered the greatest economic loss will be the first applications processed. Priority of grant awards is based on the % of revenue loss between April 2020 through December 2020 due to the COVID-19 Pandemic. After the first 60 days of the program, eligible entities of any size who suffered a 25% or greater revenue loss will be allowed to apply.
Paycheck Protection Program:https://www.sba.gov/funding-programs/loans/coronavirus-relief-options/paycheck-protection-program This week marked the re-opening of the Paycheck Protection Program with first draw borrowers able to begin applying as of Monday and second draw borrowers able to begin applying as of Wednesday. However, we have determined that most banks were not setup to begin accepting applications.
Small Business Association
Who to Call If you Have Questions
Economic Development Specialist
Fresno County Economic Development Corporation
559.476.2503 | Office
559.712.3132 | Cell
Email: [email protected]
If I am not available one of my team members Curtis at 559.476. 2502 or Jessica at 559.724.9361 can assist.